Top Strategies for Support Workers
Top Tips for Supporting Adults on the Autism Spectrum with Anna Tullemans and Sue Larkey
Download the E-Book
E-Book: Top Strategies for Support Workers
Top Tips for Supporting Adults on the Autism Spectrum
What You Will Learn:
- The Specific Skills for the role of Support Workers for Participants with Autism Spectrum
- 5 Top Tips for Supporting Adults on Autism Spectrum
- Your Number 1 tool to Success: Routine & Schedules
- Strategies to Support Participants when there is Unexpected Change
- A Key Concept to Develop Independence and Capacity Building
- How to support Self Advocacy using Functional Skills
- What are Adaptive Skills and Why Important to Incorporate in Individual Support
About The Presenters
University Certificate from the University of Birmingham, Diploma of Education Support, Author, Parent
Her work includes helping implement many practical strategies for students in mainstream primary and secondary schools, as well as adults with supported living arrangements. She holds a University Certificate in Autism Spectrum from the University of Birmingham, England, as well as a Diploma of Education Support (Australia).
She is passionate about providing opportunities for people on the Autism Spectrum to achieve their goals, and encourage an independent life and involvement in the community.
Teacher, Masters Special Education, Author, Speaker
Sue went on to complete a Graduate Diploma in Education and then became a teacher. In her first teaching job she had a child with Autism Spectrum who inspired her to specialise in Autism Spectrum. Sue formalised her speciality by completing a Masters in Education with a Major in Autism Spectrum.
Sue Larkey is a leading expert in training educators, teachers, parents and support workers.